Nova Residential Program
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
At Nova, we don’t treat addiction symptoms. We treat the addiction illness. We believe that chemical dependency is a disease that “hijacks” the brain and creates havoc through behavior driven by an alcohol addiction or drug addiction.
Our residential program provides those suffering from alcohol or drug addiction with the fundamental tools of recovery. Nova’s addiction treatment is based on the principles of the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous® (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous.
These principles are the most effective support mechanism for sustained abstinence and lasting recovery.
Our highly structured program includes educational lectures on addiction, group addiction counseling, individual addiction counseling, AA first-step work (examining loss of control over the substance and resulting problems), recreational therapy and attending in-house and local Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous meetings.
One of the most important aspects of our residential inpatient treatment is the opportunity to live in a therapeutic community.
At Nova, individuals can develop trusting relationships and practice their new-found addiction recovery skills.
A Day at Nova
While part of Nova’s residential inpatient treatment program, residents will receive the benefits of a structured daily schedule.
The following schedule showcases many of the activities that take place at Nova Counseling Services during the week.
- 6:45 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:15 – 7:30 a.m. Meditation
- 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. Community Tasks and Job Check
- 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. Community Meeting
- 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. Small Group/Individual Counseling
- 11:45 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch and Free Time
- 1:00 – 2:15 p.m. Lecture
- 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. Individual Counseling / First Step Group / Family Conferences/ Writing Assignments / Gender Specific Groups and Other Activities
- 4:30 – 5:15 p.m. Free Time
- 5:15 p.m. Dinner and Free Time
- 7:00 p.m. Recovery Speaker, AA or NA meetings
- 9:30 p.m. Unit Cleaning
- 10:30 p.m. Lights Out