Keeping you safe
At Nova, we want our clients to feel comfortable and safe while utilizing our addiction treatment services.
- Clients are expected to respect staff, other clients, the facility and our property.
- Hostile or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
- All able clients will contribute to keeping the Nova facilities clean by completing assigned light chores, including vacuuming, dusting, sweeping and making their beds.
- Clients also help with food preparation and dishwashing.
- There are no telephones in client bedrooms. Rather, there are two pay phones that can be used for incoming and outgoing calls at designated times.
- Cell phones, iPods (or other mp3 players), computers, electronic games and musical instruments are not allowed during the inpatient treatment program.
- Family members can call after the seventh day of residential treatment during set times.
- Prior to the seventh day, they can contact the client’s counselor if there are questions or concerns.
- Clients do not have access to email but can receive postal mail after the first day of admission.
- Upon request, Nova will transport clients to local medical services for an illness or other health concerns which may arise after admission.
- All clients undergoing residential addiction treatment must remain at the Nova facility 24 hours a day.
- We do transport clients to outside Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings in the evening according to the schedule.
- Clients can also go to church on Sunday mornings via the Nova van.
- If a client is subject to legal issues upon admission, court dates may be postponed until after addiction treatment has been completed.
- All medications must be reviewed and approved by Nova staff prior to entering the facility.
- Tobacco cigarettes are allowed during treatment. Electronic cigarettes are not allowed.
- Smoking is only allowed within the designated outdoor smoking area.
- Chewing tobacco is not allowed within the facility.
For clients using our residential inpatient addiction treatment services, we recommend bringing the following:
- Clothing for seven days.
- There are laundry facilities to use onsite, free of charge.
- Personal hygiene items.
- No alcohol-based products or aerosol cans are allowed.
- Razors are allowed.
- One month’s supply of Nova-approved medications.
- View complete list of what to bring and what to leave at home
- No animals are allowed on the Nova property.
- Friends or family should not bring pets to Nova during visiting hours.
- An acception may be made for service dogs
- All Nova clients are expected to abide by the highest standards of safety.
- We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding violence of any kind.