Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Admissions
At Nova Counseling Services our caring team of experienced professionals provides alcohol and drug addiction treatment for adult men and women, age 18 years and older. People come to Nova from a variety of referral sources: the family doctor, a detox center, an outpatient counselor, a past client, a family member or a friend.
Screening to determine appropriateness for addiction treatment at Nova can be done at the initial phone contact by gathering information regarding:
- Past treatment(s)
- Risk factors
- General health information
- Substance abuse history
- Legal History
- Mental Health Status
Nova Counseling’s Promise
Delivering high quality care at an affordable cost is the basis of our services at Nova.
We offer a continuum of treatment for addiction, including a residential program, transitional living (halfway house) an intensive outpatient program and complementary outpatient services, including aftercare.
- Nova is not a dual-diagnosis treatment facility.
- Nova treats clients whose substance addiction is the primary diagnosis.
Greetings, Payment & Goodbyes
- Nova’s hours of admittance to our residential program are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Late admissions may be approved by the Clinical Director.
- Clients should be transported to Nova by family or friends. We ask that clients do not drive themselves to Nova.
- Upon arrival, clients are greeted by staff.
- A private meeting is then held with the new client to answer any questions, identify any withdrawal symptoms and further prepare them for their experience at Nova.
- Payment information is reviewed and payment is collected, as appropriate.
- Nova Counseling will provide necessary information to the client’s family members/friends, including how to contact their loved one during their treatment stay, as well as the visiting hours.
- Introduce the client and their family to the Family Support Program.
Once this information has been provided and questions have been answered, there is an opportunity to say goodbye.
Medical Screening & Exam
Within 48 hours, the client is transported to a local clinic or hospital for the general fitness exam and tuberculosis test (if these have not been taken care of prior to admission). Sometimes we discover at this point that detoxification services are needed at a hospital. These arrangements are worked out with the client and, when need be, the family.